Saturday, April 28, 2018

White daffodils



Nearly all of the folks at Fairview Cemetery have Find A Grave Memorials.  If you are not familiar with Find A Grave, I encourage you to check it out.

I also encourage you to create memorials for your family.  Even if you only add your parents, grandparents, siblings, and others closest to you, it helps to link your family together.  It is easy
to do and satisfying to see families linked.  You may be the only one who knows their information.

Many of my family can actually be traced clear back to the 1600s just from memorials created by
volunteers.  

I kiddingly call it my Volunteer job.  I can just sit at my computer and create or add to memorials.
I started  out photographing family stones in particular and others that interested me.  Since the elements are doing a number on the stones, I hoped to preserve the information at least in photos.  In comparing more recent photos taken by others, I am happy to say, I did accomplish that goal in a small way in my little corner of the world.

My parents headstone is a prime example.  There are photos of it when new and now with the aging process well established. 

No comments:

Post a Comment